Wellspring Family Services
Our Approach: Beyond Shelters and Tents
In the next two years, Wellspring will help 2,000 children-over two years--and their family members find stability, not just temporary shelter.
Helping 2,000 children is ambitious because of our comprehensive approach. Wellspring staff addresses both the causes of homelessness and the needs of families in crisis; we can end the debilitating cycle of homelessness for children and families in our community.
1900 Rainier Ave S
Seattle, WA 98144-4606
- Housing stability
- Early learning
- Parent-child therapy
- Provision of essential children's items
- Domestic violence intervention
Our approach sets us apart. We are using proven neuroscience principles throughout our agency to help build strong families and resilient children. What does this mean?
- We know that the way a child's brain develops has lifelong impacts on their future health and well-being as adults
- Experiences - both positive and negative - build the brain
- Early adverse experiences hurt and hinder healthy development
- Stable, nurturing relationships and environments foster healthy development
With this understanding, Wellspring addresses the root causes of family homelessness, breaking the cycles of trauma, and leading children and adults away from crisis toward a stable, healthy, and thriving future.